We are thankful along with you that we are seeing wonderful indications of the Lord’s victory over
COVID-19. We are also glad to see a clearer articulation from the Arizona Attorney General regarding
freedom to attend church services (https://azag.gov/sites/default/files/2020-04/I20-008_0.pdf)
published on April 30 th , 2020.
As such, Pastor Tom and the elders have decided to move forward this coming weekend to allow for in
person church service attendance. In doing so, we have four guiding principles that we would like to
follow in restarting our in person church services:
- Obey government orders and requirements
- Create a safe and healthy environment at 2RC
- Bless our people with Christ centered fellowship, worship, and teaching
- Allow and honor individual choices made to connect with Christ and His Body
- Starting this weekend, in person church services will be available in the main sanctuary (no nursery or
- Kid’s Church available yet). Specifically, Saturday evening (9th ) at 6pm as well as this Sunday,
- Mother’s Day (10th ) at both 9am and 11am services will be available for in person attendance.
We will continue for now to stream our weekend service at 10am on Sunday for home viewing. To help you make a more informed decision and understand inherent risks involved if you chose to attend a service in person, here are some things we will have in place that have not been in place in the past:
- You must sign up for ALL persons attending your chosen service
- This is because we need to ensure we do not go over the maximum capacity (160 persons) we have set for proper social distancing
- Chairs in the sanctuary will be set 6 feet apart in 2 person, 3 person and 4 person family groupings for your choosing
- We are asking that congregating in mixed groups be done outside of the sanctuary/foyer
- We are also asking that you are and feel healthy before attending
- Numerous automatic hand sanitizers will be in the foyer and sanctuary
- Entry doors will be left open to allow entrance without touching the door handles
- If you prefer a mask, please bring one from home as we will not be providing masks and they are NOT mandatory
- Gloves will also be available for those that want to wear them
- Tables and countertops will be wiped down with disinfectant just prior and after each service
- Nursery/Children’s Church will NOT be available at this time as we are still understanding how to make these ministries safe and we are also short volunteers currently.
We hope this plan achieves all four of the guiding principles mentioned above and that you feel comfortable with our approach. Please note that we will learn and improve as we go. We also want to hear from you if you have concerns or questions about this plan and the freedom it allows. If you are interested in attending any of these services, please register below for each service attendee so we can be sure to manage to the capacities we have defined for appropriate health and safety.
We are so thankful for our Lord and his flock here at 2RC. You have responded in such an amazing way during this challenge and we are so proud to be a part of what the Lord is doing here.
Sincerely, Steve Thomas